We are brightening chicken coops all around New Zealand with our Big Red Chicken Feeder. With all of the Dine a Chook features you love, and a bright red design. Chickens love the colour and you will love the sleek, stylish design!
Designed to provide solutions to some of the most common problems faced by backyard chicken keepers, the Dine a Chook Feeder keeps feed clean, dry and off the floor, reducing waste and mess. And less feed on the floor also means less reasons for rodents and pest birds to visit your chicken coop!
Benefits of the Dine a Chook Big Red 4.7 L Feeder
- Large 4.7 L capacity
- Chickens love the bright red colour and so do we!
- Feeds up to 8 chickens for up to a week
- Suitable for chickens, ducks, geese and other poultry
- Keeps feed dry with a clip-together design and a patented rain hood and gutter system
- Silo-inspired design keeps feed in the feeder and off the floor, reducing waste
- UV treated for a longer working life
- Carry handle and lid hook for easy transport and refilling
- Rear moulded mounting hooks may be suitable for wire-mesh installation in some coops
- Complementary mounting kit for easy installation
- No moving parts - no screws, glue or leaks
- Australian made and manufactured
- 720 mm tall
If you want a Chicken Feeder that will last for years, you can't go past a Dine a Chook. Stop replacing cheap, poorly-made feeders every year and invest in one that will go the distance. You will save money immediately with less wasted feed, recouping your investment in no time.
- 1 x Red 4.7 L Dine a Chook Chicken Feeder
- 1 x complementary mounting kit
The Dine a Chook Chicken Feeder difference:
No more wasted feed = more money in your pocket
- Unique, silo-inspired feeding bay requires the chicken to put its head into the unit to get the feed, keeping feed in the feeding bay
- Horizontal and vertical paddles prevent chickens from thrashing and raking feed onto the ground
- Engineered to fill automatically
- No food on the ground means no feed wastage, and that instantly saves you money
Helps deter rodents
- Spilled feed is what attracts rodents to the chicken coop. No feed on the ground makes the coop far less attractive to rats and mice.
- The shape of the Dine a Chook Feeder and the installation height make it harder for rodents to access the feed, plus the rain hood blocks access to the feeding bay from above
No more wet feed
- Our rain hood and gutter system divert rain away from the feeding bay, keeping feed dry
- Designed and tested in the tropical downpours of North Queensland, our weather-proofing system works!
Australia Made Quality Assurance
Choose reliability, choose Dine a Chook. We hand-assemble our Chicken Feeders in Queensland, Australia so that you know you can rely on the highest quality. Australian design and workmanship you can trust.
6 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty on all parts including:
PVC parts, handles and moulded rear mounting hook
User damage caused by neglect or misuse
Fading from exposure to direct sunlight is not covered under warranty. To avoid fading we recommend installation in a shady area of the chicken coop.
Posted by Beddoes on 16th Jan 2021
Fantastic. Well made, easy to install, easy to fill and absolutely brilliant at stopping the pigeons from eating all my chicken feed. I have a chookteria but pigeons worked out that if three pigeons stand on the plate it opens. Not with dineachook, this is by far the best
Posted by Jenny on 30th Dec 2017
Feeder working well. I used a treat to entice the chooks to use the feeder, but noticed they were feeding from it within a few hours.