We are brightening chicken coops all around New Zealand with our Big Red Chicken Feeder. With all of the Dine a Chook features you love, and a bright red design. Chickens love the colour and you will love the sleek, stylish design!
Designed to provide solutions to some of the most common problems faced by backyard chicken keepers, the Dine a Chook Feeder keeps feed clean, dry and off the floor, reducing waste and mess. And less feed on the floor also means less reasons for rodents and pest birds to visit your chicken coop!
Benefits of the Dine a Chook Big Red 4.7 L Feeder
- Large 4.7 L capacity
- Chickens love the bright red colour and so do we!
- Feeds up to 8 chickens for up to a week
- Suitable for chickens, ducks, geese and other poultry
- Keeps feed dry with a clip-together design and a patented rain hood and gutter system
- Silo-inspired design keeps feed in the feeder and off the floor, reducing waste
- UV treated for a longer working life
- Carry handle and lid hook for easy transport and refilling
- Rear moulded mounting hooks may be suitable for wire-mesh installation in some coops
- Complementary mounting kit for easy installation
- No moving parts - no screws, glue or leaks
- Australian made and manufactured
- 720 mm tall
If you want a Chicken Feeder that will last for years, you can't go past a Dine a Chook. Stop replacing cheap, poorly-made feeders every year and invest in one that will go the distance. You will save money immediately with less wasted feed, recouping your investment in no time.
- 1 x Red 4.7 L Dine a Chook Chicken Feeder
- 1 x complementary mounting kit
The Dine a Chook Chicken Feeder difference:
No more wasted feed = more money in your pocket
- Unique, silo-inspired feeding bay requires the chicken to put its head into the unit to get the feed, keeping feed in the feeding bay
- Horizontal and vertical paddles prevent chickens from thrashing and raking feed onto the ground
- Engineered to fill automatically
- No food on the ground means no feed wastage, and that instantly saves you money
Helps deter rodents
- Spilled feed is what attracts rodents to the chicken coop. No feed on the ground makes the coop far less attractive to rats and mice.
- The shape of the Dine a Chook Feeder and the installation height make it harder for rodents to access the feed, plus the rain hood blocks access to the feeding bay from above
No more wet feed
- Our rain hood and gutter system divert rain away from the feeding bay, keeping feed dry
- Designed and tested in the tropical downpours of North Queensland, our weather-proofing system works!
The Dine a Chook Difference
We had chickens long before we started Dine a Chook, and we still do! We understand the problems that backyard chicken keepers face – in New Zealand and Australia, alike. Our goal is to provide solutions.
That is why Dine a Chook Chicken Feeders and Drinkers stand out from the competition: Our products have been extensively tested in backyards including our own! Our patented innovations and unique design features really work to make chicken keeping easier.
We know how important good coop management is. A clean, dry coop, and uncontaminated feed and water, are essential for poultry health. Our Feeders reduce waste, keeping feed dry and off the floor. And our Waterers keep water clean and prevent spillage.
Dine a Chook Feeders and Drinkers are made in Australia, for quality you can trust. And we use genuine Lubing Drinker Outlets from Germany because they are the best for poultry.
Dine a Chook Feeders and Drinkers are built to last and come with an exclusive guarantee. Don’t run over them with a tractor and we bet you won’t need to buy another Feeder or Drinker again!
As a family business just over the ditch, the most important thing to us is our customers. Need help with an order? Want chicken keeping advice? If you have a question about your flock, contact us!
Choose Dine a Chook for Australian quality in New Zealand chicken coops!
Orders to New Zealand are shipped within 1 Business day. We offer the following services.
|Under 500g||From $11.95|
|Up to 1kg||From $13.95|
|1 - 3kg||From $14.95|
|3 - 5kg||From $22.95|
|5 - 7kg||From $22.95|
How is your order shipped?
We use Australia Post for all international orders. You may choose either regular or express post. All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|Service||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|International Regular Post - Tracked||7-12 Business Days|
|International Express Post - Tracked||5-8 Business Days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.
6 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty on all parts including: PVC parts, handles and moulded rear mounting hook Exclusions - User damage caused by neglect or misuse Fading from exposure to direct sunlight is not covered under warranty. To avoid fading we recommend installation in a shady area of the chicken coop.