Updated 31st May 2019.
This page describes in detail how we use the information you provide as well as the information we collect during your browsing on the Dine A Chook NZ website and its pages.
As you browse the Dine A Chook New Zealand website, we collect cookies. These are small text files which allow us to record items in your shopping cart. Cookies stored on your computer are quite essential for browsing the internet. Your computer stores cookies in its browsing history such as the template or design of a website page. What this means is that after you visit a website and land on the first page, the subsequent pages or next visit to this site will load faster.
The information we get from cookies allows us to see what are our most popular pages on the website as well as whether you are using a tablet, desktop or mobile to access the site. By our server reading this information it can show you the tablet, desktop or mobile version of the website. Cookies enhance the speed of your internet experience.
Cookies do not share any personal information such as your credit card details. You can disable cookies in your internet browser by using either an incognito window or private window. You can also disable them in your browser settings. By doing this, however, it will disable your ability to purchase through the Dine A Chook website.
Privacy and Your Rights
- Personal information is collected by us, provided from you when you place an order. Such information may also be collected when you subscribe to our Newsletter or Join our Facebook page etc.
- Your personal information is kept encrypted and secure in the My Account section of the website. Encryption helps prevent data stored from being accessed in the event of a breach of security.
- Our site collects data such as the time of your visit. It also keeps a record of the length of your stay, what you looked at, the order of pages you visited as well as your geographical location (also knowns as your IP address).
- When you place an order the details, you enter such as your name, address as well as payment details are kept securely by us as well as a third party internationally recognised website hosting platform. Third Party Payment via Mastercard, Visa, PayPal and Afterpay is with those companies and your agreement with them differs from our agreement with you.
- Payment via credit card is via a secure gateway. As such, we are advised whether your transaction is successful or not.
- Your email address may be collected for the purpose of our popular Dine A Chook newsletter and future Marketing. We do not sell your email address to any other party. Your email is also used to deliver your Order Confirmation as well as your Tracking details. This is very important to avoid missing your delivery. You can opt out of our Newsletter at any time by simply clicking opt out at the bottom of any Newsletter.
- Your private identify information is shared with third parties that Dine A Chook AUS and NZ works with. This includes our Banking Institution, PayPal, AfterPay and any Law enforcement agency we may contact in the event of fraud or theft.
- You may ask for a copy of the data we store regarding your account with Dine A Chook and we agree to provide this to you within 7 days of request.
- In the event that we have a data breach we shall notify all Dine A Chook customers within 72 hours. For us to do this we would require you to maintain a current email address in your account at all times.
Security of Credit Card information
Dine A Chook does not store your credit card information. In the event Dine A Chook and its server were compromised by a third party, your card information is truncated (looks like 4564-***-***-1234) making it almost impossible for fraud to occur by a breach of security. Putting this aside our website offers the latest in https Secure Connection and encrypted checkout pages so your data being submitted to us is encrypted at all times.
For those customers who do not want to use their credit card on our website, we also offer options of PayPal and AfterPay.
Dine A Chook offers 100% commitment to keeping your privacy secure and safe. With years in online retail, we have never sold ANY customer details to a 3rd party. We guarantee to keep your information private. You can shop at Dine A Chook with complete and absolute confidence.
During your time browsing on our website some general – not personal – information is shared with our private systems and recorded. This information helps us in improving our website for you and other shoppers in the future. Data collected includes:
- Your location
- Type of device being used
- Browser being used on your device
- Time on our website
- Pages visited
We do not have access to your computer or any of its files and at no point can Dine A Chook access your private computer or device for information other than general information as outlined above.
How do We collect information
Personal information from you is provided at all times from you directly. This includes the use of:
- Filling out the checkout form to complete your purchase.
- Information sent to us from Afterpay, Paypal or eBay for your address confirmation and order confirmation
- Completing our contact us form, warranty claim form or similar.
- Entering or subscribing to our Newsletter.
ALL the information provided above shall not be shared with any third party unless in the event of a court order or criminal matter.
How we use your information that you submit
We use your submitted information as outlined
- Newsletter subscription – to send you newsletters you have subscribed to
- To process payments and for the purpose of packing and despatching to the address you have provided
- To complete a warranty claim
- To contact you regarding change of mind.
- To answer any questions you have using our contact us form.